What is MUN?
MUN or Model United Nations are a simulation of the United National proceedings that are typically done at schools, colleges and universities, participated by students across the world to debate on global issues.
DRS MUN 2017 is the fifth Model United Nations Conference organized by DRS International School and is recognized by United Nation Information Centre for India and Bhutan (UNIC).
Why Participate in Model United Nations
- Develop comprehensive knowledge about various global issues
- Fosters creative thought processes to solve problems in collaboration
- Develop skills of negotiation, arbitration, mediation
- Improve Capability to understand and negotiate market values and economic impact
- Improve communication, debating and public speaking skills
- Improve team work and leadership skills
- Global peer networking
- Participation in MUN is often looked favorably for university admissions
Why Join DRS Model UN ?
- Highly experienced executive board
- Cultural evening for all delegates
- Renowned chief guests
- Valuable experience for future career
- Attractive awards
- Best exposure to MUN at an early age.
- DRS MUN is recognized by United Nation Information Centre for India and Bhutan (UNIC)
THE COMMITTEES IN DRSMUN 2K17
DRSMUN 2K17 is the fifth Model United Nations Conference of DRS International School recognized by the United Nation Information Centre for India and Bhutan (UNIC) and supported by some of the most prominent names in the Executive Board with an enthusiastic and sincere Organizing Committee, who aim to impart an unforgettable experience with the following committees:
UN Security Council (UNSC)
United Nation Economics and Social Council (ECOSOC)
UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
Indian Parliament the LOK SABHA
Union of European Football Associations (UEFA)
Intergovernmental Body on Climate Change (IBCC)
Futuristic Continuous Crisis Committee (FCCC)
UNGA first Committee on cyber warfare (UNGA)
The delegates have an option to select any of the following committees of DRSMUN 2017. Each committee deals in a particular area and has its own agenda which will be given to you by the chair of your committee. The chair will brief you and guide you to present your research. Delegates have to research their topic from their allocated country keeping in mind policy and perspective of their country.
Participate in DRS MUN
Schools across the globe participate in MUN as delegates or International Press. The students prepare themselves based on the countries they choose to represent and debate and resolve global problems as Delegates to the MUN.
Register as a Delegate
Students can also join a Model UN as International Press. For students with interest in journalism and photography this is a great exposure and learning to cover a Model United Nations.
Join as International Press