What is MUN?
MUN or Model United Nations are a simulation of the United National proceedings that are typically done at schools, colleges and universities, participated by students across the world to debate on global issues.
DRS MUN 2019 is the Seventh Model United Nations Conference organized by DRS International School.
Why Participate in Model United Nations
- Develop comprehensive knowledge about various global issues
- Fosters creative thought processes to solve problems in collaboration
- Develop skills of negotiation, arbitration, mediation
- Improve Capability to understand and negotiate market values and economic impact
- Improve communication, debating and public speaking skills
- Improve team work and leadership skills
- Global peer networking
- Participation in MUN is often looked favorably for university admissions
Why Join DRS Model UN ?
- Highly experienced executive board
- Cultural evening for all delegates
- Renowned chief guests
- Valuable experience for future career
- Attractive awards
- Best exposure to MUN at an early age.
THE COMMITTEES IN DRSMUN 2K19
DRSMUN 2K19 is the Seventh Model United Nations Conference of DRS International School, supported by some of the most prominent names in the Executive Board with an enthusiastic and sincere Organizing Committee, who aim to impart an unforgettable experience with the following committees:
UNSC (UNITED NATIONS SECURITY COUNCIL)
DISEC (DISARMAMENT AND INTERNATIONAL SECURITY COMMITTEE)
HRC (HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL)
INTERPOL (INTERNATIONAL POLICE)
HPPC (HISTORIC PARIS PEACE CONFERENCE)
ECOSOC (UNITED NATIONS ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COUNCIL)
UNEA (UNITED NATIONS ENVIRONMENT ASSEMBLY)
WHO (WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION)
The delegates have an option to select any of the following committees of DRSMUN 2019. Each committee deals in a particular area and has its own agenda which will be given to you by the chair of your committee. The chair will brief you and guide you to present your research. Delegates have to research their topic from their allocated country keeping in mind policy and perspective of their country.
Participate in DRS MUN
Schools across the globe participate in MUN as delegates or International Press. The students prepare themselves based on the countries they choose to represent and debate and resolve global problems as Delegates to the MUN.
Register as a Delegate
Being a chair in MUN makes one a moderater of a committee. Chairs are experienced students who are responsible for running the committee and guiding delegates in matters of agendas and rules of procedures. They also make an extensive research/ background guide on the agenda.
Register to Chair a Committee
Students can also join a Model UN as International Press. For students with interest in journalism and photography this is a great exposure and learning to cover a Model United Nations.
Join as International Press